Hybrid personal training is a lot like having a great fitness career and a great fitness side hustle simultaneously. With a hybrid model, NPTI Florida (Orlando/Tampa) Personal Trainers offer both in-person training, as well as online training. NPTI Florida recognizes this may be a new way of providing training for many, so we’ll cover everything you need to know about how the hybrid model works and what to look for in a hybrid personal trainer insurance policy.
WHAT IS HYBRID PERSONAL TRAINING?
NPTI Florida owner Patrick Sherman states that Hybrid personal training requires both in-person training as well as virtual training sessions in order to produce a highly efficient means of providing services. Clients are still seen on a Training schedule with all the normal activities of in-person training. At in-person sessions, personal trainers provide physical assessments, run through new programs, and provide hands on guidance.
Most importantly, in-person training tends to allow for a greater degree of trust to be built. Clients that trust a personal trainer to help them accomplish their fitness goals are simply more likely to become a long-term client. Repeat business is good for any trainer and helps to build a solid client base.
Transitioning into online training simply means that as the client progresses into a program, trainers can begin to substitute more in-person sessions for online ones. Customized fitness plans can be managed online, where everyone can have access and see the progress being made. Exactly how many sessions and the level of services provided depends on the experience of the trainer and the needs of the client. With the hybrid training model in place, trainers have the potential for greater earnings and can provide a more diversified service offering.
BENEFITS OF THE HYBRID PERSONAL TRAINING
Hybrid personal training seems like it takes away from the “human” aspect of training with less in-person training sessions. However, this model makes an NPTI Florida trainer even more accessible to their clients. The benefits to the client are that they always have their trainer’s advice and guidance with them and generally pay less overall. They can access the fitness plan, review their progress, watch pre-recorded workouts—all without leaving their home and on their own schedule.
NPTI Florida owner Pat Sherman states, being able to access training online means personal trainers gain back what may have otherwise been cancelations. For the trainer, this creates many benefits that can really add up including:
- More time to focus on providing personalized holistic health plans to clients.
- Better service creates a better client experience.
- Clients are more likely to stick with a trainer they like.
- Great results create brand evangelists for your services.
- Less physical travel needed to and from a gym.
- Can reach a broader audience outside a limited geographic area.
- Less space and/or less frequency needed to provide services.
- Can use online content to expand digital presence and market services.
Hybrid personal training allows trainers to meet clients where they are. Especially for clients new to fitness, this approach can be less intimidating and more flexible. By offering online sessions at reduced rates, you can create a situation where you have greater volume and increased profits. As well, diversification in how you’re offering service helps your business better weather economic downturns.
However, all the benefits derived from offering hybrid personal training insurance can prove meaningless if you don’t have the appropriate Fitness insurance coverage in place.
DO HYBRID PERSONAL TRAINERS NEED LIABILITY INSURANCE?
Now that you know how NPTI Florida teaches the hybrid personal training model, it’s time to think about liability insurance. Transitioning to a hybrid training model is an exciting time that can open a world of additional possibilities. But a successful career as a hybrid personal trainer can be sidelined when an accident or injury occurs, and your insurance coverage is not adequate to cover the event.
So, the first question to ask about hybrid training insurance is easy, does the policy cover you for both training platforms in-person and online training? Hybrid training requires blending these training styles which means you need coverage that will provide for both at the same time. With IFG, you get some of the best insurance for personal trainers plan available today that covers you for both in-person and online. NPTI Florida has been working with IFG for many years.
NPTI Florida is always asked, “do I really need insurance if most of my training is completed online? The answer is an emphatic, “yes!”. For generally less than what you pay in gym dues each month, you get a million dollars’ worth of liability coverage and a whole suite of protections designed exclusively for personal trainers.
PLANNING FOR LONG-TERM SUCCESS IN HYBRID TRAINING
In fitness, NPTI Florida personal trainers are working hard to prevent injuries and accidents but the very nature of fitness means there’s physical effort required. Weights, complex machines, fast-paced movements, and clients from every level of physicality imaginable simply translates to a greater amount of risk being present for a personal trainer. When an unfortunate event happens is not the time to suddenly contemplate insurance coverage. For the most effective long-term risk mitigation strategy, A Personal Training Insurance policy with NPTI Florida’s student pricing provides the protection required.
WHAT HYBRID PERSONAL TRAINING INSURANCE COVERS
With so many ways that an unexpected event could affect one’s career as a hybrid trainer, insurance becomes a vital way to help secure a long-term future in the industry.
A hybrid personal trainer insurance policy from Insure Fitness Group www.insurefitness.com covers personal trainers from:
- General liability – this is coverage from liability from an accident or injury to someone, on, or around your place of business. You may have also heard it called “slip and fall insurance” since this is an unfortunately all-too-common source of general liability lawsuits.
- Professional liability – this is coverage against liability from an accident or injury to someone because of the personal training you provided. When a client gets hurt following your regimen, they may decide to file a professional liability claim against you. This coverage is also referred to as “malpractice insurance”.
- Product liability – when equipment malfunctions or breaks and causes an injury or property damage, a claim against the trainer would fall under product liability coverage.
- Rental damages – this protection covers accidental property damage that occurs within a rented space.
- Stolen equipment – when equipment is stolen during a robbery-by-force, stolen equipment coverage kicks in with $1,000 worth of coverage and a $250 deductible.
- Identity theft – especially for hybrid personal trainers relying on the internet to provide sessions to clients, identity theft is more of a threat. With IFG, our hybrid personal trainer insurance includes all the way up to $25,000 in identity restoration services.
These protections come together to create a stout, all-around insurance coverage for trainers considering switching to a hybrid training model. The policy also includes tons of great benefits that really enhance the overall value received.
HOW TO SAVE ON A HYBRIDTRAINING INSURANCE POLICY
At Insure Fitness Group we are in the business of providing solid protection and great support for today’s fitness professionals. Knowing that today’s trainers need greater flexibility than ever out of a hybrid personal training insurance, we provide several options for securing coverage and saving money in the process.
Adding additional businesses is easy. Oftentimes landlords or gym owners will require being added as an additional insured to your policy. Either add a single additional insured for $10 each or save on bulk additions by purchasing an unlimited additional businesses package for $30.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT HYBRID PERSONAL TRAINING INSURANCE
Ready to move forward with transitioning into a hybrid model? Then insurance should be your first stop after graduating with a Personal Training Diploma. Contact NPTI Today and ask about our special student pricing and see why so many NPTI Florida students and personal trainers trust IFG to cover every session and every rep.
Visit our website nptiflorida.edu to learn more about us.
Call or Text 407-772-0057 to schedule a FREE class. You can also work out for FREE anytime.